There is a difference between being skinny and being fit. It is difficult for skinny people to gain weight. Yes, believe it or not, just like losing weight is difficult for some people, gaining weight is also difficult for some people. No matter how much they eat, their body built up is such that it takes for them to gain weight.
The common reason for people for whom it is hard to gain weight are-
- Stress level
- Irregular meals
- Not eating enough calories
- Lack of physical fitness
So the question arises, how to gain weight fast? Well, to gain weight and look fit you need to do a little bit of hard work. Some of the ways in which you can gain weight are-
Home Remedies to Gain Weight
1.Dry Dates and Milk- Dry dates are rich in vitamin A, C, K, E, B2 and B6, all these nutrients are very necessary to gain weight. Dry dates are a good source of protein, sugar and vitamins they help you gain the perfect weight necessary for your body. Combining dry dates with milk will help accelerate the process of weight gain.
2. Afternoon Nap- Many people must be happy seeing this as a home made remedy. But having a power nap or an afternoon nap for 30-40 minutes helps you to relax. It also makes your muscles and mind calm. The more relaxed you are, the more weight you can gain.
3. Peanut Butter- Most fav. Snack of many people. Peanut butter is packed with proteins, minerals, vitamins and fatty acids. And all these nutrients are necessary when it comes to building muscle or gaining weight. Peanut butter is rich in calories, which makes it a perfect home remedy to gain weight.
You can try adding peanut butter to your multi grain bread, to gain weight.
4. Banana Shake- Drinking banana shake daily for a month will help you gain instant weight. Bananas are full of calories and they are the best source when you need instant energy. Combining bananas with milk, will help you gain weight.
So, if you wish you can replace your morning tea with banana shake, or can also consume banana shake during your breakfast.
5. Rice- A calorie dense, low-cost carb food source which helps to gain weight. One cup of rice contains 190 calories, which is enough to make you feel full and provide you with energy.
6. Red Meats- This is one of the best foods when it comes to gaining weight. Red meat are the source of dietary creatine, which helps in muscle building. It also contains Leucine, which is the key amino acid, our body needs to build muscle.
7. Potatoes- So, I think this is known to everyone. Potatoes are the best food when it comes to gaining weight. You can also add some starch and carbs in your food. Some of the starchy carbs are:
- Winter root vegetables
8. Stay Hydrated- Drinking enough water is the key to healthy skin, hair and also healthy weight. Try to avoid drinking water before or during the meals, this lets you consume less food. Staying hydrated does not only means to drink water, you can also drink some of the protein smoothies they will keep you hydrated and also will help you in gaining weight.
9. Ashwagandha- This ayurvedic ingredient is very helpful to gain weight. Even after you discontinue consuming it, your muscles and body weight will remain intact. Although it does not cause harm to your body, consulting a doctor before consuming it is recommended.
You can take ashwagandha powder with milk daily for about a month.
10. Ginger- Ginger is one of the good ingredients which makes our tea and our food delicious. Well, it also helps to gain weight. Ginger stimulates the appetite, this results in consuming larger portions and it also helps in proper absorption of nutrients.
- You can either consume a piece of ginger daily
- Or you can grate the ginger in the water
- Boil the water
- Strain out the mixture
- Drink it before your meals
11. Milk- Drinking milk is very necessary for the well being of our body and it also helps in the weight gain. Milk is filled with calories, protein, vitamins, calcium and minerals. All these help in gaining a good amount of body weight.
If you combine drinking of milk and weightlifting together, you will see a great increase in your weight.
- Try to eat larger portions of the food.
- Avoid drinking water before meal
- Eat frequently throughout the day
- Do weight training 3-4 times a week
- Switch to full fat version of dairy products
So, these are some of the ways you can gain weight. Remember, you need to eat more calories than you burn in order to gain weight. So, try to keep a record of how many calories you have consumed and how many have you burnt.
What are your ways of gaining weight? Read above one more time and try it.